Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful that Olivia woke up in an extra happy moood today!  Mornings are always her happiest time of the day, but today's level of happiness was above and beyond what I've ever seen before.  She was full of big smiles and giggles.  I suppose I'm also thankful she gets just as much joy out of an empty cottage cheese container as she does with a brand new toy.  Just try and not smile when you look at this face:

Mom you're so funny!

I'm thankful for cooler weather!  Finally the heat & humidity have let up.  Last week had me looking like this - scary!

It's the humidity!  My all time favorite Friends episode :)
I am thankful for friends introducing me to new things.  Today my friend Kayla came down for lunch and suggested we go to Open Sesame, a Lebanese Cafe in the East Village.  I won't lie, I was not thrilled about trying Lebanese food.  I am more of a cheeseburger/chicken strip girl.  However - it was DELICIOUS!  Their hummus was to die for.  One of the best meals I have had in a long time.  Thank you, Kayla!

Finally I'm thankful to have house guests two weeks in a row!  Last week we had Megan, Fred & Claire and this weekend my college friend Jana is coming down for a visit.  I love having extra time in the evenings & mornings to catch up with friends.  Not only do I love having friends stay with us but it gives me a reason to clean.  I swear if we didn't have house guests our house would never get cleaned.   

No comments:

Post a Comment